Blogger is a free to use blogging platform owned by Google. This online service is among the top preferred choice by many beginner bloggers because it is very easy to use and it’s free. In fact, I find it somewhat amusing that even school teachers in my place recommend it to their students for online projects.
If this is your first time to using Blogger.com, here’s a step by step guide on how to set up an account:
1. Type www.blogger.com using your web browser of choice then click enter.
2. Sign in using your existing Gmail Account to get started.
3. If you do not have a Gmail Account, click “Create an account” to create one.
4. After signing in, you will be redirected to your Blogger Dashboard. Now, Google automatically set the language to your local language. On the right side of your dashboard there’s a drop down menu where you can set it to English or any language you want.
5. Click “New Blog” button to create a blog. A pop-up window will appear.
6. Enter desired blog title for your blog and enter url/address. Make your url as short as possible.
7. Choose a starter template. This will act as the basic design/layout of your blog. You can change this one later if you want to.
8. Click “Create Blog!” button (see image above).
9. That’s it. Blog created!
10. You can now view your blog or start posting immediately.